The Final Entry!

It is 6:30 PM in Utah, and it is 8:30 PM in Pennsylvania. I am in my house; my mom and stepdad are behind me on the floor, doing career-related things. I am overwhelmed with love for you all, and I am overwhelmed in general. 
An hour and a half ago, I was released as a missionary. My stake president, President Carter, said the words... and I bawled like I sometimes do! It was one of those rare occasions when I lost my breath and I couldn't make eye contact with a single soul because I was feeling so many things inside. 
President Carter didn't tell me to take off my name tag... So an hour and a half later, I am still wearing my missionary tag. He called me "Sister Wall" and then corrected himself, saying, "You are Ariel now." It sounds "so drama," but my heart was heavy heavy heavy. I kept expecting him to tell me that it was time to remove my tag, but he never did. I think that he left it up to me because he knew this would have to be my decision. I will take off my missionary tag when I go to bed and in the morning, I won't put it back on. 
I.love.you... from the bottom of my goofy heart, I so so love you all. You have all helped me to grow and to love and to overcome. I am grateful for your testimonies of the Savior. I am grateful for your patience and gentle corrections. Thank you all for inviting me to Come unto Christ. 
This morning, I was praying that I could have one last missionary experience with my missionary tag. On my first flight heading home, I sat in the middle of two men. On the left, by the window, was a convert to the Church. I spoke to him, concluded that he was an active member, gave him missionary advice, and turned to my right. For the next hour and a half, I spoke with a non-member. Let me remind you of the Lord's precise awareness of each of us. He knows me. He knows what I need. This man opened up his life to me. Just like Preach My Gospel says, each thing he said outlined a principle of the Gospel. I could almost step outside myself and watch the conversation unfolding. I spoke to him about the Book of Mormon, telling him stories related to his experiences. I asked him how he felt he has grown from his past as an alcoholic. What he said inspired me that the Lord is preparing everyone everywhere. Even on a tiny little plane on its way to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the Lord sat me beside a man whose heart was an open vessel for the Spirit to enter. He told me that he feels like he is open and receptive to light. I shared with him Moroni's testimony that everything which inviteth and enticeth us to be good comes from God. I literally opened up my copy of the Book of Mormon and read scripture after scripture aloud with him. I asked him if I could share my favorite book with him, my copy of the Book of Mormon. He said he would be honored. I wrote a note and my testimony and left my email address. He promised to write me. He told me that he could feel my light and he knew that I was sincere. He promised me that he would read the Book of Mormon. 
I love the gospel. I will forever and always be a missionary because that is where my heart is. There is an overwhelming amount of significance in the missionary tag...but as I rode home in the backseat of my parent's van, crying into my knees, I heard a Sacred voice, whispering to me, "Peace, be still." I am in a difficult place, facing new and difficult things, but I KNOW, my dear sisters, my beloved best friends, that the Lord is with me. He is in your areas, he is with your companions... He is with you. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27).
As I strive to rely on the peace he gives me, remember that everybody needs some encouragement. I need your friendship. I love you all so much and I pray that you will stay in touch always.

All my love,
Sister Ariel Wall
Bro and Sis Johnson

Sis Summerhays

Matt, Mom, Me and Sis Summerhays!

Sis V

Sis Willis and Elder Simon, the new AP!

Elder Pokrovski

My zone leaders

Departing dinner with Zeinee 

Crying at the airport with mom

Still crying.. with Sis Young
No name tag....

No comments:

Post a Comment