The perfect weekend!.. (and lots of pictures!)


What a wild week leading to a perfect weekend! 
Our district 
Last Pday, we went hiking in Kamas with the district. We were all out of breath in the first five minutes.. haha. It was a beautiful day and it felt good to be outside in nature. We walked for about 45 minutes and then everyone decided that it was time for icecream. 

Tuesday, Sister V and I did service for a non-member. She has arthritis and hasn't been able to do yardwork for a few years. Sister Villoso and I were tough! We worked for 2 hours pulling stubborn bushes from the side yard. All of the yardwork tools ended up breaking... Not sure if we are too tough or they are too weak!
Pulling roots with Sister Villoso
That night, we were able to have a lesson with Morgan, the 16-year-old girl I told you about last week. Ahhhh. It was so good. We had it at the Peters' house and Morgan's parents were there!! The Spirit was so strong as we taught them about the Restoration. Her mom asked really good questions and we were able to resolve her concerns. I asked Morgan when she thought that she would be prepared to be baptized. She said Saturday, (as in, 4 days later). Eventually, her parents agreed to let her be baptized on that Saturday evening!
Elder Simon, Sister Marlow, Sister Villoso, me, Morgan, Brett Peters, Elder Darquea at the Family Tree for Morgan's baptismal interview
Wednesday, we had a Training in Sandy for the new missionaries and their trainers. Sister V and I rode down with 2 other sisters. That night we had dinner with the Thorums.. Sister Thorum is so so great! She has this studio space where she has a giant loom and a quilt stitcher machine (I don't know the official name!)... They are so cool though. She professionally makes quilts for people. She said that if Sister V and I don't get transferred that we can come over every Pday and make our own quilts!! 
Sister Thorum!
Thursday, we drove to Sandy again for a Zone Conference. It was kind of a crazy one... It might be because President Miller is getting trunky! There was a "Price is Right" game to teach us how to use our missionary allowance cards. There was also a pinata to teach us about what lack of Vision can do to our missionary work.. haha. It was an interesting day. Our Stake President, President Palmer, and our Relief Society President (who has written to you), Sister Livingston, both were able to attend. Sister Livingston made a comment about me in one of the meetings. She said that she was able to gain trust in the missionaries from going out and teaching with them. She said that when she went out with me, she could see that I was bold and what a good teacher I am... She was so so sweet. 

Friday, Sister V and I had a lesson with 6 teenagers! 4 members, 2 non-members. The member kids had gotten together and given their non-member friend a Book of Mormon and invited her to meet with the missionaries. Ahhh. It was absolutely wild at first. We walked up the driveway and heard the piano being played and lots of people talking and laughing. We ate dinner with them and they were having a lot of fun. It was amazing to see the change that happened though, as soon as we started teaching. Everyone was reverent and relaxed. 
Friday was also Brother Peters' birthday, "Papa Peters"... haha

Saturday... Possibly my favorite day in my whole mission so far. We went to the Johnsons in the morning and rode to the Salt Lake Temple with them!! We were able to go inside & do a live endowment session with them. As soon as the session started, I felt the Spirit so strongly. I loved sitting next to Sister Johnson and looking across the aisle at Brother Johnson... What a beautiful experience! 
Salt Lake Temple with Brother & Sister Johnson!
Afterwards, we took a few pictures in front of the temple, and then went to lunch with them & their daughter who lives in Salt Lake. We ate at Chuck-O-Rama, the exact same place that our family went after going to Temple Square. 
When we got back to Park City, Sister V and I stopped by Sister Thorum's. She got me a MUCH NEEDED case for my scriptures. Ahhh, there are so many people here that I have grown to love. 
Saturday evening was Morgan's baptismal service!! There were easily 150 people there... We filled up the entire chapel! I have never seen so many people at a baptism before. It was amazing! Her parents sat in the front row for the talks and when we moved to the baptismal font, they sat in the front row there, too. Her mom was crying the entire time. It was such a perfect service. The Spirit was so strong! I am so proud of Morgan and everyone is so happy for her! What a miracle.
Brett, Morgan, me, Sister Villoso
Sunday was Morgan's confirmation. Her mom attended sacrament meeting to watch. Brother Peters gave her a very nice blessing. We had dinner with the Peters and Morgan after church. Sister V and I taught them how to play the Plan of Salvation Charades. We had a lot of fun. They are a wonderful bunch!
The Peters family!
I just read my One Line a Day Journal entry for last year. Exactly one year ago today, you, Russ, and I went to New York City. We saw the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and 5th Avenue. We had Chinese food in New Jersey. 

Today is Elder Jerman's birthday, so I have decorated his office in the Family Tree. I love that man!! 

It was a crazy week trying to get everything ready for the weekend, but it was so so wonderful. I LOVE the temple. When I was in the Celestial room, I wanted to stay all day long. Before Saturday, I hadn't been allowed to go to the temple since October. (When you are serving in Park City, you don't get to go to the temple every transfer... So annoying). Well anyway. It was much needed. I can't wait until the day when I can go to the temple whenever I want!!

How was your birthday, by the way? 

I love you! Hope all is well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment