Sis Wall and Sis Villoso's fun week!


Sister V, me, Bro Livingston, & Bro Lewis
Today, after grocery shopping, I asked Sister V if there was anything she had in mind to do today. She didn't have any ideas so I asked her if she's ever been to Michael's. She hasn't, of course, because she's from the Philippines. Well I decided to take her and it was so fun! I think the only words out of our mouths for half an hour were, "Oh my gosh," "Cute!" and "I love this so much"... I got 4 sets of cards and Sister V bought a couple of journals & note paper. We were in Heaven.

This week hasn't been too eventful. Just a few things here & there.
On Tuesday, we had a lesson with this great woman we've been working with for a while. I think I told you about her a few weeks ago. She read through 2 Nephi in just a few days and came to the knowledge that it is true. So at the lesson Tuesday, we taught her about the Word of Wisdom & Tithing to prepare her for baptism. Afterwards, she was very concerned because she loves green tea. I decided to make a trade off... No ice cream for me, and no green tea for her! You will not be surprised to find that ice cream was the treat for every dinner afterwards!
Well just a few days after our agreement, she texted us to let us know that she would continue to read & pray, but that she isn't ready for the commitment yet. I really think that she's hung up on the green tea thing, which is so sad. We tried to talk to her about alternatives, and reaffirm her testimony about the Book of Mormon, but she says that she needs time. Sad!

On Wednesday, the 24th was Ellie's birthday... Happy birthday, Ellie!! 
Wednesday, 4 of the sisters from the Family Tree drove down to Sandy, UT for a training conference. We got to Sandy just fine, but had trouble getting to the mission office. We got lost, which was an adventure, but finally found our way there. The training meeting was very good. The assistant's to the president talked about Extending Commitments & Following Up, and then we did some role plays to practice. After observing the role plays of other missionaries, we would make comments about what they did well & what they could improve on. After one of the role plays, I made the comment that the elders hadn't mentioned Jesus Christ's name once, and that was the entire reason that I am on my mission. One of the elders pretended to take off his name tag out of shame. haha. I knew him from my previous district & we are good friends, so he knew that I wasn't trying to embarrass him, but that I was just making a point. 

On Saturday, Sister Villoso and I were visiting some Less Active people that we had heard about from the bishop. On the way through the neighborhood, we saw Brother Johnson working on his truck in his garage. We drove by but then I felt bad we hadn't stopped to say hello, so I turned around. I yelled out the window & he was so excited to talk to us for a minute. His wife, bless her heart, came running out the front door, so happy, saying, "Bring the sister missionaries in! I have a surprise for them!" We got out of the car and went inside & their son had come home to surprise them! They always tell us about him & were excited for us to meet him. He lives in Philly but was driving through Utah, so he wanted to surprise his parents. It worked so well because Sister Johnson was BAWLING and hugging him & wouldn't let go! She is so adorable. She said, "This is how your moms are going to be when you go home from your missions!" and Brother Johnson was like, "They don't want to talk about that!" haha. Ahhh. I just love them. 

On Sunday, we were passing out programs before sacrament meeting. I looked out in the foyer and sitting on one of the couches was this ex-communicated man that Sister Zeiner & I met a couple of months ago. I was surprised to see him and went over to talk to him. He said that he's been reading the copy of the Book of Mormon that we left him & also our testimonies that we had written on the inside cover. We had just OYMed him (Open Your Mouth, or in other words, talk to everyone you see) a couple of months ago and he didn't seem very receptive, but it was really nice to see him coming to church & making that effort. 

We are looking for new people to teach because Scratch (Satan, remember?) got a hold of all of our investigators! We have no non-members to teach, but we are really focusing on contacting names that we've gotten from the bishops & ward mission leaders. We had 15 lessons with Less Actives this week, which I think is the most I've ever had on my mission! I really enjoy working with the Less Actives and bringing them back to church & helping them read their scriptures & pray again. It's just so nice to see them REMEMBER. I want to see them in the celestial kingdom just as much as anybody else! 

So that is my week! 
I can't wait for Mother's Day! I love you so much. Always thinking of you. Always missing you!

All my love, 
Sister Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment