Me & Minerva! Moose on the loose!


Last Pday was Sister Cutler's last day on her mission. We all went to the Chocolate Factory together & I had made a slideshow with some pictures for her. When Sister Cutler left, her companion, Sister Walker, just joined the trio that we had with Sister Summerhays. It only lasted a few days, because Sister Summerhays got another companion, but it has been a wild start to the transfer. 
On Tuesday, I went on exchanges with Sister Walker & got to go to some Spanish-speaking appointments. I obviously couldn't speak Spanish, so it was mostly just Sister Walker talking to her investigators. It was still pretty fun though. 
Wednesday, Sister Zeiner and I moved out of the Tree and back into our house at the Whites. 
Me & Minerva!
Moose on the loose!
I sent you some pictures. My favorite is of me & the moose! I love those big guys. On Thursday, there was a moose on the loose at the Bitner apartments. It was Sister Zeiner (we are together for another transfer!), Sister Walker (who is assigned Spanish-speaking but doesn't have a companion right now) & me. We were going to contact some people at the apartments. We said a prayer in the car & when I opened my eyes, this giant moose was hanging out right in front of me! Sister Walker asked me what his name was & I thought it could be Minerva, so we called him that all day long.
This very wonderful lady, MaryAnn, came into the Tree 3 times last week & so I kept helping her with her family history work and getting to know her. She was so so sweet. She brought in her "significant other" so I met him, too. Well the last day that she came in, she asked for me, but I didn't work that day, so she went into the basement to work alone. We had just had district meeting, so we came to the Family Tree for lunch, and I was told that someone was looking for me.. & it was MaryAnn! She accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon & gave me her email address & told me to keep in touch with her! I just love that lil lady. 
On Friday, we had a mission conference with Elder Jensen, a former apostle. He spoke about effective scripture study & it was really good. 
Yesterday, Sunday, Sister Zeiner & I went to 3 different sacraments & bore our testimonies. The Spirit was so strong in all of them! It was great. We worked in the Tree at night & when we weren't working with people, we watched parts of Elder Bednar's fireside online. 
It has been a rather discouraging week because we haven't had many people to teach. We have to keep "dropping" our investigators because they aren't keeping commitments. It's so sad. It's hard to just let people go, but sometimes they just need to have more experiences before they are ready to accept the gospel. 

Well, I love love love you. Hope that your trip was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment